Timber cladding is a superior option to give your home or commercial premise depth and individuality. Along with a natural look, the versatility and strength of timber is a long-lasting durable choice. With the right specification, planning, design and finishing processes, timber cladding will deliver a construction of premium strength, solid fire ratings, acoustic and thermal performance.
When choosing timber cladding boards there are a few points that should be considered:
- The grade and appearance of the wood required to actualise the architectural style
- Availability of the timber and how much it costs, as well as availability and cost of alternative timbers
- Ease of initial installation and ongoing maintenance time and costs
- Specific climate and thermal performance for the building and area
- Whether the architectural build needs any extra structural strength, which only certain types of timber cladding can provide
- Building, land and commercial laws for local and statutory requirements.
Timber Cladding Available at Garde Timber
Chamferboard is a form of weatherboarding which in turn is the cladding of a house consisting of long thin timber boards that overlap one another, horizontally on the outside of the wall. They usually have a tongue and grooved joint arranged to link the boards together.
Our hardwood timber cladding comes in the following sizes:
- 122 mm cover x 19 mm thick or;
- 77mm cover x 19 mm thick
- All supplied in Random Lengths only
Available in Spotted Gum, Blackbutt and Ironbark. Suitable for Bush Fire Prone Areas up to BAL 29 (AS3959 – 2009)
Budget range of external cladding with ease of installation and fixing .Irrespective, it is recommended by most manufacturers that all H3 LOSP treated products be primed all round with a quality alkyd (oil) based primer and finished with a high quality top coat.
H3 LOSP treated Chamferboards are available in both a pre-primed form or un-primed.
|Product||Size- Cover x thickness||Lengths|
|Pine B Grade Treated Knotty||77×21 ,128 x 21,146 x 21 , 178 x 21||Random|
|Pine #2 Clear Grade LOSP Treated||77 x 21 ,128×21,146 x 21, 178×21||Random|
|Hoop Pine Finger Jointed Raw LOSP Treated||77 x 21,128×21, 146×21, 178×21||5.4 m|
|Pine Finger Jointed LOSP Pre-Primed||77 x 21 , 128×21, 146×21, 178×21||5.4 m / 6.0 m|
|Cypress||122 x 19||Random|
Shiplap boards are profiled to produce an overlap, which allows for a continuous timber cladding look with uninterrupted, clean lines. Shiplap Cladding can be used in both vertical and horizontal alignment.
Garde Timber offers this type of architectural cladding in Spotted Gum, Ironbark and Blackbutt. We have the following sizes available:
- 80 mm cover x 19 mm thick or;
- 122 mm cover x 19 mm thick or;
- Custom profiles made to order and set lengths subject to availability
- End matching also available to reduce waste
- Click here for Profiles Sheets -Hardwood Chamferboard / Shiplap
Hardwood Weatherboard Cladding
Sawn Hardwood Weatherboards cut from quality Queensland Hardwood for durable and affordable external cladding supplied in random lengths with a sawn face finish.
Garde Timber have the following hardwood weatherboard cladding available:
- 150 x 25 x 6 mm (subject to availability)
- 175 x 25 x 6 mm (Common Profile)
Weatherboarding timber is available in Spotted Gum and Sapwood CCA Treated. This type of weatherboarding can be supplied in random length and set lengths are subject to availability. Surcharges may apply.
Pine H3 LOSP Treated weatherboards are termite resistant and are an ideal timber for the harsh Australian climate. This timber has moderate natural features, which adds individuality to your finished application while maintaining a sleek, clean design.
Our standard size weatherboard stock is:
- 195 x 25 x 6
- 170 x 25 x 6
- 145 x 25 x 6
These sizes are available in two grades:
- Standard & Better – containing tight knots. This comes in both random and set lengths which is subject to availability
145 x 25 x 6 mm / 170
- Finger Joint LOSP Treated Pre-Primed. This comes in 5.4 or 6.0 m lengths
We can produce any of these products to your custom specification. Simply get in contact with us and our friendly team will provide you with a lead time and personalised quote.